Offroad Images Photography Workshop - Moreton Island, Queensland
Come and join Michael Ellem from Offroad Images on a photography workshop designed to suit the beginner to intermediate photographer with a passion for Photography. This is a 4WD ONLY workshop on one of Australias largest sand islands. You will need an understanding of your 4WD and sand driving.
Beginner to Intermediate Workshop (18/8/2017 - 21/8/2017)
Friday afternoon 18th of August to Monday morning 21st of August 2017.
Please Note: This will be a fully catered Workshop which runs at Castaways, Bulwer, Moreton Island.
This package includes MICAT transfers, National Park permit, all your meals and either single or twin share glamping style accommodation.
There are 11 beautifully furnished glamping tents, complete with a queen size bed or twin singles with a private ensuite and veranda overlooking the giant Melaleuca trees.
(limited family tents sleeping 4 are also available, POA)
Located in the small township of Bulwer just a 20 minute drive North from the MICAT ferry landing point.
Traveling with family?
We welcome family and friends who wish to travel with you to Moreton Island for the experience of a lifetime. They are welcome to travel around the island with us during the practical component of the workshop. Prices are available upon request for both accommodation, permits, camping and meal options.
Why Moreton Island?
Photography surrounded in coastal scenery is special to me and I would like to share this opportunity with a small group to show how awesome Australia's coastline can be for your photography. We have chosen Moreton Island because it is one of our favourite photography backdrops on Australia's coastline.
What hours will this workshop be running?
I plan to make the most of the good light and will be shooting well before dawn and well into the night. So if you join us, be expecting to enjoy long days with heaps to take in. When we are not shooting, we will be learning theory in a classroom style situation.
Why are the meals arranged?
Basically put, I want to keep everyone together as much as we can, to make better use of the time that we have. This will enable us to cover more topics, and ensure that you understand what you are doing and we don't have people everywhere doing their own thing, when you really should be "focused" on what you are trying to discover.
What gear do I need to bring?
It really doesn't matter what camera you have with you, but you would benefit from a camera with manual controls like an DSLR. I would hope that you might have a tripod for the sunrise and sunset photography. I will go over equipment with you all individually prior to the workshop. A folding chair for outdoor theory.
What will we be learning?... Beginner to Intermediate Workshops
• Light painting, the art of photography under the stars with the use of lighting to create some interesting effects
• The art of composition and how to create a better looking image by simply moving the camera
• The rule of thirds, how to and importantly, when to break it
• Understanding aperture and how important this really is to photography
• Capturing and creating a sense of motion in your photography
• Basic camera and lens maintenance
• How and when to use a tripod, different systems explained
• The art of long exposures made easy
• Making the time to search for textures and how to make them a work of art
• Creating silhouettes and understanding how to create awesome images which tell a different story
• Understanding your cameras exposure guide and how to create stunning image captures
What is the itinerary?
Day 1 - Friday
• Catch the 8:30am MICAT to Moreton Island, arriving approx. 10am, where I will be there to greet you and guide the drive to Castaways at Bulwer. Meet and greet on arrival. You get to know each other and I get to know what you are currently doing with your photography.
• Check into Glamping tents
• Sunset photography
• Dinner approximately 1 hour after sunset
• After dinner: open discussion as to what we will be learning and theory for the early photography session in the morning
Day 2 - Saturday
• Self-drive, to a location for sunrise/early morning photography.
• Breakfast out in the field and a chance to chat about the mornings photos
• Lunch back at Castaways
• Travel to another location for more Photographic opportunities
• Pre-dinner BYO Drinks and nibbles whilst waiting for the new sunset location TBA (one half of the group will be asked to bring a share nibbles plate which says something about them or their culture)
• Capturing that awesome evening light at sunset
• Dinner at Castaways
• Evening photography, tripod required here, creating some awesome light painting images
Day 3 - Sunday
• Early morning self-drive to another location for Sunrise, perfecting what we shot the previous morning
• Breakfast on location and a chance to show each other your awesome images
• Self-drive and theory
• Lunch at Castaways
• Creating more photography opportunities
• Pre-dinner BYO Drinks and nibbles whilst waiting for the sun to set (the other half of the group will be asked to bring a share nibbles plate which says something about them or their culture)
• Capturing that awesome evening light
• Dinner back at Castaways, open discussion on what we have learnt
• Evening photography for those who just can't get enough
Day 4 - Monday
• Early morning photography opportunities for the early risers.
• Pack up
• Cooked breakfast at Castaways
• Free time to yourself to enjoy the island before leaving on the 3:30pm MICAT ferry
The early mornings and late night activities are non-compulsory, as we understand that people do need their sleep.
A more detailed itinerary will be available upon arrival
What is the cost of the Workshop at Eldee Station?
• Workshop, MICAT transfers, National Park Permit, Glamping style accommodation and meals
Single tent - $1595 per person
Twin share tent and travelling in same vehicle - $1320- per person
We welcome family and friends who wish to travel with you to Moreton Island. They are welcome to travel around the island with us during the practical component of the workshop. Prices are available upon request for MICAT transfers, Glamping and meals
- Tea, cafe style coffees, juices, soft drinks, beer and wine are available for purchase at Castaways
- This will be a small group of no more than 12 dedicated photographers, therefore limited spaces are available
- BYO all refreshments, nibbles plus any snacks which you might require out on location between meals.
- This is a self drive Photography Workshop. You will need your own 4wd to obtain access to photography locations over easy to moderate sand tracks.
TERMS OF PAYMENT Terms of Payment are as follows:
1. Full payment together with a completed Registration Form, secures your place in the Workshop.
2. The Easter Workshop: A $400 deposit per person, is required on booking, together with a completed Registration Form, secures your place in the Workshop.
3. The final payment of the balance is due on or before Tuesday the 1st of August 2017.
As each Workshop is limited to 12 dedicated photographers, registrations will be accepted strictly in the order that they are received. Thanks for your interest...
- If this photo workshop is not for you, maybe you could forward the details to someone who may be interested.
To get things started... give us a call or email us as below
Offroad Images - Photography Workshops
Mobile: 0427 646 398
Studio: Unit 19/800 Old Illawarra Road, Menai 2234 NSW
Postal: PO Box 217, Menai Central 2234 NSW
Or catch up with us on Facebook "offroadimages"